For the treatment of pigment spots one can use different natural household remedies, which are very helpful. Hyperpigmentation of the skin or melasma is the name given to yellowish-brown spots on the surface of the skin, mostly on the face, which are caused by the excessive storage of the skin pigment melanin. Especially in women of fertile age, skin spots very often occur, because the activity of certain hormones (estrogen and progesterone) plays an important role here. Hyperpigmentation therefore very often occurs during or after pregnancy. These skin spots do not pose a risk to health, they are merely an aesthetic problem, but can also lead to a loss of self-esteem.
In today’s article you will find various natural remedies for the treatment of pigment spots that are very inexpensive and very effective in achieving a more even skin tone and for more information about this. We recommend that you incorporate these tips into your daily beauty routine!
1. Treatment of pigment spots with banana and yoghurt
This face mask with banana and yogurt is an excellent home remedy to reduce dark spots on the skin. It contains lactic acid and antioxidants that stimulate cell activity and promote natural skin regeneration.
- 1 ripe banana
- 5 tablespoons natural yoghurt (90 g)
- Crush the ripe banana with a fork and then mix this porridge with the natural yoghurt.
- Apply this mask to the face and let it work for half an hour.
- Rinse afterwards.
- Repeat this treatment three times a week.
2. Treatment with parsley and lemon
The combination of parsley and lemon results in a lightening and peeling lotion that can improve the appearance of the skin. Both ingredients provide essential antioxidants and essential minerals that regulate melanin production and prevent pigmentation spots from darkening.
- juice of half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons parsley (30 g)
- 6 tablespoons rose water (60 ml)
- Press the lemon to obtain the juice.
- Mix the lemon juice with the parsley and the rose water in the blender until a homogeneous, liquid lotion is obtained.
- This lotion is gently massaged onto the pigmentation spots on the face. Let it work for 20 minutes. Note, however, that this treatment must be done in the evening when you no longer have to go outside. Lemon juice can have opposite effects when exposed to the sun and lead to skin spots!
- Rinse off with lukewarm water after the specified effective time.
- Use this treatment three times a week.
3. Treatment with grapes and vitamin E
Treatment of pigment spots with grapes and vitamin E
This natural mask with grapes and vitamin E provides the skin with important nutrients that promote the regeneration process. This mask contains antioxidants and natural oils, which have a whitening effect and are therefore of great benefit for skin spots. This also inhibits cell damage. This is why it is also an excellent treatment to counteract premature ageing.
- 6 ripe grapes
- 1 Vitamin E capsule
- Cut the grapes in half and remove the seeds. Then mix with the contents of the vitamin E capsule in a blender until a creamy paste is obtained.
- Apply this mask to facial skin with a gentle circular massage and let it work for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water. Repeat this treatment three times a week.
- Grapes not only taste delicious, they are also very healthy! Smoothie with grapes and oats for a healthy heart
4. Treatment of pigment spots with aubergine and honey
The nutrients of aubergine are not only excellent internally. They also improve the appearance of the skin through external application. In combination with bee honey a peeling and lightening treatment is created, which is very effective against melasma.
- ½ Eggplant
- 3 tablespoons honey (75 g)
- Mix the aubergine flesh with the honey in the blender until you have a viscous paste that you can use to treat pigmentation marks.
- Apply the aubergine mask to the face, especially the skin spots.
- Let it work for 20 minutes and then rinse with water.
- Repeat this treatment two to three times a week.
5. Treatment with almond flour and coconut oil
This natural peeling with almond flour and coconut oil is excellent for removing impurities from the skin and promoting oxygenation and skin regeneration. Both ingredients contain essential fatty acids and antioxidants that can reduce skin stains.
- 2 tablespoons almond flour (20 g)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (45 g)
- Mix both ingredients until a creamy paste is formed.
- Apply this mask to the entire face and allow to work for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water. Massage gently in a circular motion to make the mask easier to remove.
- Repeat this treatment three times a week.
You’re worried because pigment spots have formed on your skin? We recommend that you try these natural treatments. They are inexpensive, effective and at the same time care for your skin!